My blog is as afraid of commitment as you are, probably
Apparently the black community at large frowns on this grown woman’s decision to ask her man to be her husband and I am so confused. These are the same people asking about the “state of black marriage/relationships” and lamenting about the supposed lack thereof.
I can’t think of a smaller thing for people to be stressed out over. She wants to get married. She got a ring. She proposed. The world continues to turn.
Well the definition I gave was the dictionary definition.
love, you cant get any whiter…
No, what’s stupid is how out of whack tumblr has gotten that it believes the actual definition of racism is dead wrong. People need to stop pulling the race card for no reason. People need to stop bitching about everything. Tumblr is a hell of a lot different than real life, and in real life, no one gives two shits if you don’t find a certain race attractive.
whats stupid is how whack tumblr has gotten because its over populated with whack-ass people. you want to know what racism is? talk to people who couldn’t sit in certain seats on a bus, use a specific bathroom, or damn water fountain. talk to them about seeing signs in certain neighborhoods that said, “nigger, if you are in this town after the sun goes down, you are dead.”. talk to people, just because of their color, couldn’t eat at certain restaurants, shop at certain stores, hell..even live in a certain area of a city (shit that shit happens today). talk to people who lived next to people that thought the men who tortured and murdered a 14 year old boy for simply whistling at a damn white woman, who thought stalking a teenage boy armed with skittles and tea and killing him, or thought firing 13 fucking rounds in a car because “the music was too loud” and killing a child were justified.
and you sit here talking about “stop pulling the race card” when it was people who look like you who put it in the damn deck in the first place.
you are right, the world outside of tumblr is a different place..but if it wasn’t for tumblr, you wouldn’t question yourself.Let’s see how well a white person does in certain parts of L.A. after dark —-> hell before dark even!! You are so right what (Not all) White people did back then is inexcusable and unfortunately it still does exist today. But if you think you are going to help it by hating white people today, tomorrow or for the rest of your life, you are sadly mistaken. Racism and prejudice is alive and the only way to squash it is by stop segregating your self. Reverse racism is just as bad. Could you imagine if there was : WET (white entertainment television) or how about “Brown Pride” completely acceptable yet if a white person says white pride they are considered racist. Yet rappers sing about hating crackers and ect. I’m not diminishing the pain and suffering that people had to go through back then or even today. But if you want to talk racism, let’s look at it from all angles. Not just the distorted view you choose to defend. When it’s okay to hate a certain race because of an ugly time in humanity where they royally fucked up.
lets go over this one by one:
1. you would be surprised by how many white people walk around neighborhoods where “the scary black and brown people reside”. JUST just because you dont think they should be there because they are white don’t mean that they are. you started your comment off with a racist statement >.<.
2. NEVER excuse the outcries and the anger of POCs and how they are treated in this country to mere hate. how simplistically ignorant.
4. reverse racism is not real
3. WET? Brown pride is acceptable but white pride isn’t? first of all, you should have pride in yourself regardless of your race, but..whet!? could i imagine White Entertainment Television channel? you seriously just typed that? the average home has over 500 damn channels. you can turn to ANYONE of them at ANY TIME and see white people saving the day and making shit explode but you are worried about one damn channel? you want to know why “brown pride” and “black power” are more important? because we live in a society that ALREADY puts whites as the standard of goodness, beauty, and power. you got little babies out here choosing the white doll over a black doll because society put such a stigma on dark skin and you STILL think we shouldn’t teach them to have pride in who they are if they are not white? hmm..
5. reverse racism is not real
6. hurt white feelings and guilt is not racism
7. really? WET?
8. REVERSE RACISM IS NOT REAL